Thursday, September 16, 2010

Both of my kids have had a lingering hacking cough. For like a month. After hearing people talking about mono or walking pneumonia or worse, I finally took them to the doctor today. It was the first doctor visit since we've been here.

I think it's both lucky and miraculous that my kids can go 5 plus months without a doctor visit.

The doctor's office is located about an 8 minute walk from my house. It's 5 shops further away than G's dance school.

We have heard nothing but great things about our insurance and the group of doctors that is available to us here in Hong Kong. Even with high expectations, I was still impressed.

My kids were not diagnosed with anything at all really. Thankfully. Just a lingering cough. We were given a few prescriptions and if they aren't better within the week we will go back. The doctor's office actually has the pharmacy right in it. The doctor enters the Rx order into the computer in the examination room and by the time you leave to head back to the waiting room your drugs are ready and waiting. How convenient is that?

I brought D this morning and then brought G back this afternoon. For 2 separate visits and 2 prescriptions for each kid I paid less than $5usd TOTAL. $2.30usd per child. It's cheaper to get prescription drugs and see the doctor than to go buy a bottle of Robitussin. Unreal.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear the kids are hacking. That is unbelievable how cheap it is to see the doctor there. I hope they feel better soon. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete