Friday, September 3, 2010

I don't want to let too much time pass between my posts but there is nothing too exciting to write about...

The kids did well at soccer. They actually both loved it and they are both asking when they can go back so that is wonderful.

Today D brought homework home for the first time. Two Chinese characters, the words for "people" and "big" and the letter S is what he's working on this weekend. And he can confidently count to 6 or 10 in Chinese depending on his mood. His teacher phoned me today to tell me he got hit (or hit himself? Her English isn't perfect so I really don't know what happened.) and to expect him to have a little bit of a black eye but not to worry he's happy and singing and he's fine. His class is 9 or 10 boys and one poor sweet little girl. Can you imagine those poor teachers with all those little boys? Insanity.

There's a tropical storm happening here right now so we have had lots of heavy rain and wind and cloudy dreary skies. The best part is that it cooled the air and the temps have been a lot more comfortable. Makes me excited for winter. Mind you, winter here is Florida mild. Well I guess it feels colder than that because it's so damp... but it doesn't get too cold. I am looking forward to it!

I also got the order form for winter school uniforms today which is another reason I have winter on the brain. But it's still a ways out as the kids don't change to winter uniforms until November 15.

Looks like a soggy weekend ahead...

1 comment:

  1. So....what happened to D's eye. What did he have to say about it? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete