Friday, December 24, 2010

My kids love to have the occasional bag of microwave popcorn. We use it as a tool for our bribery so they really don't get it too often and usually it is given as a reward. I popped a bag of it a few days ago and was splitting it into bowls for serving and decided to make M her own bowl so we wouldn't eat so much of it.

Usually M doesn't eat here at our house. When we eat something she may have never tried before (like fish tacos, B's baked salmon, guacamole, lasagna) I always insist she try a serving. Which is funny. In a good way.

Anyway. I set her bowl on the kitchen counter and told her that it was all hers. She was really excited about it, more so than I expected. I had shared popcorn with her a few times before so she knew she liked it but had never said it out loud to me. Then she asked at what grocery I bought it and if it was expensive because she would love to get some to send home to The Philippines. Turns out they don't have such a thing as microwave popcorn in The Philippines. They have to actually buy kernals and pop them stove top 1982-style. Can you imagine? I told her that it was for the betterment of their waist lines. Ready made food hasn't really been so good for us big fat Americans. She really got a kick out of that. I think she is starting to get my sarcasm.

I wrapped her a box of popcorn as part of her Christmas present.

If anyone would like to ship us over a Costco box of Pop Secret that would be great.

1 comment:

  1. Pop Secret? That's my favorite, too. Which kind do you like?
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete