Saturday, December 4, 2010

Well if you thought yesterday's post was bad, I have another one for you.

B and I went Christmas shopping today.

I was trying on some flats at the Hush Puppies shoe store. Just the fact that there's a Hush Puppies store is funny to me. But the shoes are actually really cute and advertised as comfortable. For those of you who know me well--comfort comes before cute for these feet of mine. They aren't pretty and I know it.

As the sales girl was helping me slip into a pair of shoes she paused briefly and touched my bunion gently and said "oh you have... that."

Why yes I do. Thank you so much for pointing that out.

Cut to later this afternoon. The community center by our house does one hour massages every Saturday for just $15 usd. So as you can imagine, I do this whenever I have time. It's slightly different than a massage like you are thinking--you stay clothed and they cover you with a big towel and rub you through the towel. Easy. No oily mess, no nakedness. All in all it's a good deal and worth every penny of $15.

Today was a new girl. When she got to my left foot she actually lifted up my foot and peeled the towel back to assess the situation and see this bunion up close and personal.

Would it be considered cosmetic surgery to have bunion surgery on a bunion that doesn't even hurt?

1 comment:

  1. Funny how I can "see" your feet as I'm reading this. Crazy that twice in one day your feet were noticed. I'm enjoying your blogs, please try and keep it up.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete