Friday, December 3, 2010

I went shopping at the mall today. I need a dress for a Christmas party. I think I have decided to just wear something I already have though because I do not want a repeat of today.

Store number 1:

I find a dress. I decide the medium looks too big and the small looks about right. I hand the small to the girl who was helping me to put it in the dressing room. She says

"Oh that one is nice. ---Ah, this size small. I get you the medium. Medium will be more better for you than the small."

Alrighty then.
For the record, the medium was too big. And I let her know.


Store number 2:

Jeans! As if that isn't bad enough they aren't sized in American sizes so I have no idea what size to grab. A guy comes up and asks me right away what size he can help me find.

"Uhhh I really don't know..."

He looks at me for 2 seconds and declares he thinks I am a 27. I was guessing more like a 29 so this was a good rebound from the previous store.

Together we grab a few pairs of different styles in a few different sizes and he disappeared to put them in the dressing room.

I then found another style I liked and a girl asked if she could help me find my size. I tell her I need a 27 or 28. She stopped dead in her tracks and said

"Oh this style only have small size. No big size in this style."
And she walked away.

OMG. I just googled it--a 27 is a US size 4 people! Since when is that a big size????

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! That's crazy. I'd love to be a size 4! That is definitely NOT big! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can never come and visit you. I take up too much space! Lynnette

    ReplyDelete